Job Opening at CRCL- Development Director
The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization working to drive bold, science-based action to rebuild Coastal Louisiana through advocacy, restoration and outreach. CRCL unites business leaders, scientists, landowners, national and local conservation groups, government agencies, hunters, anglers and a broad spectrum of concerned citizens to advance restoration for the benefit of people and nature.
CRCL is seeking a Development Director to be a senior, strategic leader in the pursuit of our mission. The Development Director will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating a comprehensive development program that includes fundraising associated with major donors, corporate partnerships, foundations, events and membership. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the all the staff and the Board of Directors.
The successful applicant will join a talented staff and enjoy a high-energy, flexible work environment, and have the opportunity to work with a large, motivated and very engaged Board of Directors.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan.
- Secure financial support from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Liaise with Board of Directors and staff Board Development Committee.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Oversee organization of special events to build support.
- Secure sponsorships for special events including the bi-annual State of the Coast conference.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Manage the implementation of Raiser’s Edge as a strategic tool for the organization.
- Build effective membership and marketing programs.
- Make presentations about the mission and organization to public and private groups.
- B.A. in business, marketing, communications or nonprofit leadership required, M.A. a plus
- 5+ years of experience working in development
- Proven track record in fundraising, with experience in acquiring major gifts and working with a Board of Directors in fundraising activities
- Experience with special events, foundation and corporate grants, membership development and engagement, direct mail and marketing
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or similar software and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial and communication skills
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills, speaking and writing ability
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven time and project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Innovative, outgoing, and a motivated team player
- Sincere appreciation and enthusiasm for conservation and the coast of Louisiana
- Positive, solution-oriented, practical approach to natural resource management
Salary: Salary competitive to the local market and commensurate with experience.
Generous health and retirement benefits provided
Location: New Orleans or Baton Rouge, LA
Closing Date: December 1, 2015