Job Opening at CRCL- Communications Director
The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) is a non-profit advocacy organization established in 1988 to unite business interests, scientists, landowners, national and local conservation groups, local governments, hunters, anglers and a broad spectrum of concerned citizens in a shared mission of restoring and protecting a sustainable coastal Louisiana.
CRCL is seeking a Communications Director (CD) that is responsible for planning, directing and evaluating communication activities to advance CRCL’s mission of restoring and protecting a sustainable coastal Louisiana.
The CD reports to the Executive Director and designs and implements strategies to support partnerships and generate support for crucial coastal restoration strategies and projects. The CD creates and communicates the organization's messages and ensures overall continuity of institutional brand consistency and image.
The CD is responsible for CRCL communication efforts, including, but not limited to advocacy, fundraising, membership development, public relations and event promotion.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, and/or three years experience in a communication related field such as public relations, marketing or journalism.
- Experience writing press releases, annual reports, articles, blogs, newsletters, op-ed pieces, advertisements, speeches and social media. Experience related to coastal issues, environmental issues, corporate social responsibility, political campaigns and/or non-profit membership development a plus.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently as a highly-motivated, self-starter who knows how to take projects and run with them.
- Strong organizational/analytical skills, interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a cooperative team player.
- Strong interest, and demonstrated ability, in working proactively work with media.
- Sincere appreciation and enthusiasm for conservation and the coast of Louisiana.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and familiar with digital information and content management systems.
- Experience with photography and photo and video editing software a plus.
- Develops and executes communication strategies, plans and campaigns.
- Manages creation, development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic media including, but not limited to website, newsletters, press releases, brochures, annual report, social media and action network.
- Represents CRCL to external audiences at events including public meetings, press conferences, outreach events and partnership meetings.
- Develops communication materials to support strategies, campaigns, proposals, grants and presentations.
- Manages media relations and contacts.
- Assists with special events, including workshops, fundraising events and public meetings.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience. Health and retirement benefits provided.
Location: Baton Rouge or New Orleans, LA
Closing Date: August 1, 2014